The coast guard keeps an eye on the sea

Coast guard

What do I need to know before going sailing at sea?

On the website of FPS Mobility and Transport you can find the vademecum for recreational shipping. It lists everything you should know about permits, necessary documents, places to obtain these documents form and all sorts of useful information and advice.
Download the vademecum.

 'Guide on the water' is very helpful. It features not only rules and regulations, but also a whole set of clues and recommendations, suppliesd by experienced seafarers. The brochure is the product of a constructive cooperation between the agency for Maritime and Coastal Shipping (Shipping Assistance Division and Coastal Division) the Federal Public Service (FPS) Mobility and Transport, the Maritime and River Police and the non-profit organisation Promotion Inland Navigation.

Download "Guide on the Water" or get your own copy or the brochure by mailing your request, including your name and address to

Faq type: 
Rules at sea